Wednesday, July 8, 2009

what a trooper!

We are home and Jeremy is doing great. The surgery only lasted 15 minutes and we were leaving the surgery center just 3 1/2 hours after first checking in. Absolutely amazing! The nurse was able to get his IV started on the first try, which was his biggest fear. After surgery, when the nurses took me back to see him, Jeremy was joking around and talking. I know he's in a lot of pain, especially when trying to swallow, but he's being a great patient.

Dang...I was hoping to get to play the "poor wife card" for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. you still might...the pain comes later after the anesthesia has worn off...sorry to tell you. Keep him drugged ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray he stays in good spirits! I'd keep lots of ice cream on hand just in case! :-)

    ReplyDelete