Friday, July 24, 2009

more good eats

As I'm feeling a bit uninspired this morning, I thought I'd share a yummy, super quick, super easy recipe that everyone (that's important, ya know) in my family likes.

Smothered Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
garlic powder and seasoned salt to taste
1 T canola oil
1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 c. shredded mexican cheese blend (I use cheddar)
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1/2 c. bacon bits


Flatten chicken to 1/4 in. thickness (I just buy the thin chicken breasts). Sprinkle with garlic powder and seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 4 minutes; turn. Top with the mushrooms, cheese, green onions and bacon. Cover and cook 4 minutes longer until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted.


That's it!! It's so quick, you need to have all your side dishes ready to go before you even start.


I got this recipe from Taste of Home. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I made this for my family and it was a huge hit!!! I have tried the regular way(served with mashed pots & green beans), a mexican version (with green chilies & taco seasoning)(served it with mexican rice & beans) and now this week i am trying an italian version(with mozzarella, chives, and italian seasoning)(serving it with fettuccine alfredo & garlic bread). I love recipes I can get creative with! Thanks!!! I loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete