Saturday, July 4, 2009

pre 4th of july celebration

Jeremy's uncle and aunt are visiting from California, so we had a pre-fourth barbeque and fireworks display.






It was a gorgeous evening (minus a little wind).
I was the big chicken...kept running for cover when I thought burning pieces of fireworks were coming at me. Something did hit me in the head. It MIGHT have been a June Bug, but I'm pretty sure it was something more dangerous!!

Some of my pictures are blurry. I'm still getting used to my camera and with night shots, the shutter was staying open too long, causing the blurs.
**********
We'll do more celebrating today. We're going to my parents' house this afternoon and will watch the city display from their yard.

I love the 4th!
I love feeling patriotic.
I love getting together with family and eating.
I like watching my family shoot off fireworks.

When I was a kid, we always went to my grandparents' house for the afternoon. Back then, it was illegal to shoot fireworks in most towns, but it was legal where they lived.
We loved looking for old cans and flowerpots and things we could blow up. Well, my uncles, brothers and boy cousins did that and I mostly watched.
I was a big ol' chicken, even back then!

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment