Friday, July 17, 2009

prayers needed

For once, I'm able to ask for prayers on behalf of someone else. It was such a comfort for us during all the times that Nate has been sick or hospitalized to know that we had faithful prayer warriors out there.

Please pray for Megan and Ryan. They are very dear friends of our family. I've known them my whole life and I have many wonderful memories from my childhood of our families being together.
Their dad, Rod, passed away yesterday, just 5 months and 1 day after losing their mom to a long and difficult battle with early-onset alzheimer's. They are so young to have lost both parents. Please pray for them as they deal with their grief.

Pray for Jansen. She is a young woman I met on pregnancy.org. Her husband, Zee, just lost his battle with cancer. They have a son, Braedan, who is Delaney's age.

Pray for Patrick. He is Allison's age and they've gone to school together since elementary school. Patrick had seizure like symptoms last Friday and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He is home now, but is unable to talk, but he can communicate by typing. The doctors have been unable to figure out what is going on. Pray for complete healing of Patrick.

My last prayer request is for a sweet little girl named Kate. You can visit her caringbridge page. I read about Kate on two other blogs I follow. She was having hand tremors and doctors found a malignant brain tumor. She has had surgery and will begin chemo next week.
As if having a 5 year old daughter undergoing cancer treatment isn't enough, their young son has a growth on his vocal cords. Please pray for Kate and her brother Will for healing, as well as their parents and family. What a trial they are going through.

As I was doing my bible study this week, I kept coming back to this verse:

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thes. 5:16-18.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your requests, and have written them down so I can join you in praying for these needs. I love the verse you chose to share! Vicki

    ReplyDelete