Friday, July 10, 2009

this and that

Did you notice my new blog layout? I changed it to a 3 column format (thanks Kristine!!) so that I can cram even more crap cool stuff onto my page!!
On the right side bar I've added "Good Things" which are just links to fun places to go or things to do. I only have one link on there now. It's to a coffee house in Winfield, KS.
I had lunch there yesterday (yes, while my dear hubby was writhing in misery trying to sip water and swallow jell-o) and it's just the cutest little place. She has turned a bungalow style house into a coffee house. She serves all sorts of coffee and tea and has a wonderful lunch menu.
And in the summer she has live music on the lawn on Friday nights.
Oh and did I mention the owner is my grade-level partner's sister? So it's an annual tradition to head down to her place for a summer lunch.
Thanks Blenda for the yummy food!
**********
When I took Delaney out to swing earlier in the week, I noticed these hiding behind my rose bush.
They were laying down on the ground so I thought I'd better cut them and bring them in the house to enjoy. After all, I didn't even realize they were there!
The lady who lived here before us did a wonderful job with planting flowers. I have all sorts of flowers that pop up year after year.
The smell of star gazers remind us of hospitals. After our car accident (10 years ago) when I broke my neck, my hospital room was filled with enormous flower arrangements, some with star gazers.
Isn't it weird how smells can bring you back to certain events in your life?
Every day I'm reminded of elementary school when I walk by the school cafeteria. The smell of school lunch never changes!

**********
Some artwork by Nate:
Nate is in summer school and this is the first piece of artwork that he has actually done all on his own. Melissa, his nurse, usually holds his hand and helps him with whatever art projects or crafts they are doing.
I would've actually kept the original, except the glitter was making a mess on everything.
So I decided to snap a picture of it. And this way, you all get to enjoy it as well!

**********
Jeremy update:
We are on day 3 which I've heard is THE WORST. So far, he's handling the pain like a WOMAN! Ha!! He knew going into this, that it wouldn't be a piece of cake, but he's not been a complainer at all!
Yesterday he ate some scrambled eggs, mac and cheese and had 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream (courtesy of our Sunday School class, delivered by Kristine...thanks, again!!)
One of his biggest discomforts is his tongue. It is swollen to almost twice the normal size. I gave him Benedryl last night, in case it was an allergic reaction. This morning I called the doctor's office and they said it is most likely caused by the retractor used to hold his tongue down during surgery. It's not common, but happens with some people.
It isn't impeding his swallowing or breathing, but I know it is uncomfortable. Hopefully the swelling will go down soon.
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for him. I think he's a much better patient than I am nurse!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that your husband isn't gasping for air! and of course you are welcome for everything...you are so worth it all girl.

    I think we are going to have to make a special trip to Winfield to go to the cafe...man is that cute.

    I don't see the wrenches, but I think you can get rid of them when you go into customize, then settings, then basic and scroll down to Show Quick Editing on your blog? and change it to NO. That should do the trick! but again they are not showing up for me and sometimes it is nice to click on them when you want to make a quick change.

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE stargazers!!! They are so beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete