Thursday, July 2, 2009

calgon...take me away!!!

I think I officially know what the woman in that commercial meant!

It's probably hard for you to believe this, but these two beautiful girls fight like crazy.
They argue. They hit. They cry.
And I'm tired of it!!

Oh, they put on a good show for the camera. But in real life, they're only happy if the other is miserable.

I don't have a sister so I don't know how normal this is. I hope they grow out of it soon. I had such high hopes of having daughters who were best friends. Or at least enjoyed each other's company!

Any advice? Words of wisdom? Medication?
I'd love to hear your stories of sibling rivalry and how you deal with it.

4 comments:

  1. My sister and I are very close in age and we fought ALL THE TIME growing up. It was really hard. We didn't agree about anything. Now things are MUCH better, but we still struggle when we are together I am sad to say.

    I would send them on a mission's trip together...out of the country! ha. seriously though, it may put a new spin on things...

    OR they may kill each other.LOL...sorry...couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I'm so sorry, Marcie. They DO put on a good show for the camera. I'm a big fan of medication - benadryl, tylenol for the kids - happy pills for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad to hear that, well happy AND sad! Happy because maybe it means my girls are normal and sad because if yours are still going at it that means mine won't be growing out of it any time soon!

    I am feeling the same frustration at our house. Sure they look sweet and innocent to everyone else, but if you could be a fly on the wall at our house...

    I like Kristine's mission trip idea. It also helped letting them spend a couple of days at my mom's SEPARATELY.

    Maybe we should form a support group?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcie -- I grew up with three sisters and we too fought like crazy at the age your daughters are and all through high school. We are the best of friends now. I hate to say this, but it likely won't get any better until they leave home and get out on their own. Hang in there ... you've got a ways to go on this ride.

    ReplyDelete