Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

I just couldn't wait to share my bargain finds with you!

I bought this chair at Goodwill for $4.99!! I think it will be perfect once I recover the seat.

And this little bench was too good to pass up. Another $4.99 treasure. It has some marks on the legs and the seat needs recovered but I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

This desk cost a little more than the other items, but was still reasonable. It's a child's desk made of walnut and it's in great condition. I found it at an antique mall.

Don't you just love the little drawer and writing board (for lack of a better term)?
Plus I went to Hobby Lobby and everything I bought was 50% off!!
I have a little project planned involving all these items and when it's all finished, I'll be sure and share.

Everything I bought still cost less than a month's worth of golf...and look what I have to show for it!!





** This post is part of Thrift Store Thursday at HomebodyHolly. Check out her thrift store finds!

11 comments:

  1. You did great! You should link up with Homebody Holly from my blog..she does all kinds of stuff just like this and it is amazing when she is done...truly amazing.

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I'll check her out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I floated over from thirft store thursday, you picked up some great pieces. I love refinishing stuff, I need a hobby lobby around here though, I've never seen one and heard sooo many great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great furniture! I'm curious to see what you do with it. I hope you are relaxing today and have the summer off from teaching. ;)
    Yours truly, former high school teacher, Mrs. Petrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that desk, and what a great deal on the chair! I'd love to see it when you recover it.
    Thanks for joining TST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "less than a month of golf" jab!! Priceless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute treasures! I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that chair will look great with a little makeover, you got a really good deal on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your chair and desk. Look forward to see what you do with the chair. I love the little writing board that come our of the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maracie, you ROCK! These are great finds, and you know I love a good deal. You've inspired me to schedule a thrift store day soon. Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool thrift store finds! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete