Friday, June 26, 2009

show us where you live - master bedroom


It's Friday, which means it's time for home tours at Kelly's Korner. This week is master bedrooms. I mentioned last week that I was updating our bedroom and for the most part, we completed the project!! I still have a couple of pictures to frame and hang, but that's it.

We (ahem...Jeremy) painted the wall blue to match our comforter. It was green and we had yucky pull shades and a green striped valance. We bought the bedding last winter when Linens N Things went out of business but hadn't had time to repaint. I was so undecided about what color to go with. I'm happy with the results! And I love the new roman shades.

This is the south wall and that's Jeremy's chest of drawers.

I framed artwork for each child (that is in school). Brianna drew a bee, Allison drew a vase of flowers and Nate painted. I'll have to rearrange the frames when Delaney has artwork to display.

My mom was going to sell this chair in our garage sale, but I snagged it.

My dresser. It's kind of cluttered and I have a stack of books I need to return to their owners (you hear that Mom, Amy and Diane?)

This is our bed. No headboard or anything. We bought a king after a few months of Delaney sleeping with us. Best thing we ever did!!

And this is the picture hanging over our bed. It's called Master Bedroom.
We always vacationed in Vail, CO when I was growing up and in one of the condos this picture was hanging over the bed. I've always been drawn to it and now that we have a yellow lab, it's even more appropriate. This picture was a gift from my parents a few years ago.


Well, that's it. I spared you the agony of tripping over shoes in our closet!

Have a great weekend. I think I'll take a blogger break and see you the first of next week!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love the picture of the bed! Huge room. Great space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought you bedding!!! I LOVE it, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete