Friday, June 12, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Bathrooms

It's that time once again for Show Us Where You Live. This week we are off to the bathrooms. Now before we get started, I want to remind you that our house was built in the 60's. That was before they even invented Master Suites and bathrooms as big as your bedroom. Probably one of my only complaints about our house. But I can live with it.



We'll start in the main bathroom, which is shared by all 4 kids, and any guests that happen to stop by.
I was going for a "spa-like" feel when I decorated this room. The mat is bamboo and the shower curtain is a textured fabric. I'd really like to tile the floor!


Here's the bathtub...not so "spa-like!" And this is Nate's bath chair. It's quite an eye-sore, but is a necessity if we want a clean kid!


I took this picture of a hibiscus in bloom in my backyard.


And...the sink. Remember the sink I WANT? Wouldn't it look perfect in here? I think so! I'm just not into the brown, sparkly swirls.


This is hanging on the wall by the door.



Now, on to the Master Bath.


This is our corner shower. Very small and there's no way I'm showing you inside. It's waaay too scary to share with you...I love you too much!



The sink and another vanity with brown swirls. Soooo pretty!!






Some extra storage in the bathroom.


The walls are tile halfway up and then I papered the top. It's a cool paper from Lowe's that you tear into pieces and overlap. Makes it look kind of like marble. And really easy to do since you're dealing with small pieces of paper.


I don't particularly like this ivy hook. But it works for my necklaces and headbands. And no one ever sees our bathroom anyway...until now!!



Thanks for stopping by! Now go check out some of the other bathrooms at KellysKorner.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a cute bathroom! I love your wall decor!! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cross that is hanging, way to cute! Thank you for sharing.
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete