Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

We took the family to the zoo.
Check that off our list!!
It was the perfect day. Temp in the 70's. No wind. The animals were active. There weren't any crowds. Doesn't get much better than that!!



The kids loved feeding the goats. Aren't the babies the cutest? And I love how that white goat kept standing up and looking over the fence at us. It was like he was saying, "Hey, what about me?"


And we can't forget the ice cream! $1.50 each. Not bad, especially for zoo prices! Delaney has a sweet tooth and ice cream was her favorite part of the day.
I think Allison was checking the pictures she took, not texting. At least that's what I keep telling myself!


Lions and Tigers and Bears....and Camels?


Can you see the little baby monkey? This is a colobus monkey and the baby looked like a ball of fuzz. So cute. I just wanted to pick it up and cuddle it! Probably my favorite animal of the day.


Gorillas were sleeping.

And so was Nate!

The bear was using this branch to scratch his back. So cool to see!

Bri and Delaney in the rainforest. That's Mac and Cheese, the resident scarlet macaws behind them.
The flamingos are so pretty. They were ready to go to sleep though. Can you do these yoga poses?
We had a great family outing. No fighting, other than how many entrances they have to the tiger exhibit. Oh and how many scoops of ice cream we could get.
The little kids were troopers.
And dad gave up an afternoon of golf to hang out with us.
Things I learned at the zoo:
  1. sunscreen works!
  2. save your souvenier cups. refills are only $1.
  3. the big animals go off exhibit at 4 pm.
  4. the penguins are named after the colored bands on their wings (pink pink blue or green blue green, for example)
  5. when you tell your kids to wear comfy shoes, you need to follow your own advice!

I don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't thinking. I had been wearing my cute, very flat flip-flops earlier in the day and planned on changing before we left. Well once we got to the zoo I realized my mistake and my legs paid for it the whole day. But I didn't even complain once. These are the cute shoes I was wearing:

Not good shoes for walking, but I looked great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment