Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

Kelly over at kellyskornerblog hosts "Show Us Where You Live" every Friday. I love looking at other people's houses.
Mine is so ecclectic and I've really gone minimalist since moving into our house.
It's actually kind of depressing to see all the beautiful rooms and then see my almost bare walls. I think I need to do something to spruce up my house this summer. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!!

Our dining room is informal and attached to the kitchen.
This is the view from the kitchen.
We used our wedding gift money and bought this table eight years ago. I need to get two more chairs to set on the ends.
The centerpiece is pretty boring. This bowl has been on our coffee table, but Delaney kept messing with it so I moved it in here.
The table linen was another one of my grandma's treasures.
My grandma's old dresser that I use as a buffet. I moved it into the dining room to make room for our Christmas tree last year. I liked it so much that it stayed. I just need to figure out something different to do with the decor.

The view from the family room.

I hope you enjoyed touring my dining room. Take a good look and enjoy. Because by tomorrow, all those clean surfaces will loaded with piles once again!

6 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks great! It is SO clean...mine is needing a 10 minute declutter that is for sure...I need to go do that instead of blog...blogging is so much more fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to use the dresser as a buffet! i'm remembering that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea too of using the dresser as a buffet!! Great idea!! Cute room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresser is really pretty and I think the pitcher and bowl looks great on it- maybe you can build off that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your summer vacation! Love your blog header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look good! I LOVE coming to your house because it is so much neater looking than mine! I think I'm going to go "minimal" this summer. I'm taking everything of the dining room and kitchen walls, putting it in our garage sale and then after we make loads of cash at our sale I'm going to buy new stuff! I have had this stuff for 13 years and it's time to bid it farewell!

    ReplyDelete