Monday, May 18, 2009

Declutter The Kitchen

Warning: You are about to see huge piles of clutter. Please do not judge me. It was very hard for me to take pictures of the clutter in my kitchen. But hopefully it will inspire some of you to grab a trash sack and throw away 100 things!!

Before



After




Whew!! I feel better now!
Our kitchen is such a catch-all. We enter the house from the garage through the laundry room and the first surface we come to is the kitchen table. So we start piling our things there. Then when it gets too full, we start piling it on the buffet.
(By the way, isn't it a beautiful piece of furniture? It was my grandma's. She had purchased it at a yard sale (I think) several years ago. When she and my grandpa sold their house in Eureka, I bought it from her. She practically gave it away. They just don't make furniture like that anymore!!)
Anyway, when the buffet is full, we move to the bar counter. And so on. It's a horrible cycle.
Last week my friend Kristine decluttered her whole house. Everyday I'd read about her decluttering success. Thanks for the inspiration Kristine!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Your house looks great!!! Good job...I need to do my kitchen again already...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way...the buffet is beautiful! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete