Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My one request for Mother's Day was granted...I wanted a picture of me with my 4 beautiful children on the porch swing. We were a little nervous about getting too much weight on it. That's why I'm standing behind.


You see, it was my grandma's porch swing. Then my brother had it. And now it's all mine! After it sat on our porch for several months, I finally got Jeremy to hang it. And I painted it. I love it!


My grandma loves to rock and swing and has as long as I can remember. We would sit on the porch swing and she would sing "Abba Dabba Honeymoon" and other silly songs. I hope my kids will have great memories of spending time on the swing as well.


So far it's been a lovely Mother's Day. We've only had a few meltdowns:


  • It's not fair that Mom's getting a new blackberry for Mother's Day (yes that's what my dear husband got me. What a super guy!)

  • I HAVE to go to the Y to workout

  • Waaaahhhhhh (I only want mommy to hold me)

One meltdown from each of my girls (can you guess who goes with which fit?) Nate on the other hand was my perfect little guy, as always!


But sweet Allison made up for it with this card:


2 comments:

  1. What a precious card! And I love your porch swing; all the memories are beautiful and you're a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina (MaxiMamma)May 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM

    I love the card and the porch swing portrait! Great blog...and I notice you stalk some of the same blogs as me (I just LOVE 'whatever').

    ReplyDelete