Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Kids' Rooms

This week I'll take you on a tour of our kids' rooms. Kelly at Kelly's Korner Blog has an awesome nursery that you must check out. But go there after you see my rooms, because I don't want to be compared to a showcase bedroom!!! :)
First stop, Brianna's room.
Now let me just remind you, I'm keeping it real folks!
Bri's room looked to be in pretty good shape, especially for her.
This is the view of her room from the entrance. She's in the basement and doesn't exactly have a door. She does have a safety gate at the top of the stairs though. That's practically a door, right?

This is the view from the other side of the room. Isn't that door under the stairs the cutest? It hides all my Christmas decorations. If I was a better mom, I'd clear out the decorations and make it a fun little "clubhouse" or something.
Those walls were dark paneling so I used this cool wallpaper that you tear off into pieces and they stick to anything. Even paneling.

Notice the flute in the middle of the floor. I suppose it's been there since the last day of school. And the trash on the floor is a nice touch, don't you think? I guess it's too much work to actually put it in the trash can. Easier to just set it on the floor next to the trash can.

Hopefully she cleaned off her bed (code for - threw everything on the floor) before going to sleep last night.
---------------------
Now we'll head to Nate's room.
He absolutely loves baseball. Especially the KC Royals
So we did a baseball theme in his room.
This is the view of Nate's room as you walk in.
We had to special order this bed for Nate. It's perfect for him. The rail folds down so we can easily get him in and out of bed. But then keeps him safe when he's sleeping.

Another view of the bed. And I added some labels for some of his medical equipment.

This is the other side of his room. We keep all his medical supplies in that storage unit. And his closet is packed from floor to ceiling with supplies. I really need to do some decluttering in there!
---------------------
Last stop on the tour is Allison's and Delaney's room.
It was really difficult to decorate and set up a room for a teenager and a baby.

This is the view from the doorway...Delaney's side of the room.
My mom bought the dresser at a yard sale when I was pregnant with Brianna. We painted it white and I used it for Bri and Alli. Then I repainted it and added the pink knobs when I was pregnant with Delaney. It's perfect for a changing table.
I got the baby bed from my cousin. I love all the storage!
I'm thinking about hanging a big "D" painted brown above her bed. I have a picture in my mind of what I want. Now if only I can find it at Hobby Lobby!!
This is Allison's closet. We moved her chest of drawers in here to free up more space in the bedroom.
That poster above her closet is the 7th grade boys basketball team. Oyyyy!!

And this is Allison's side of the room. She has a trundle for when friends spend the night. But when you share a room with a baby, the family room couches are so much better!
Well that's it! I hope you enjoyed the tour!
Thanks Kelly for hosting this weekly adventure!

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from the pool and saw your girls there!

    Your rooms are so cute! I think my favorite things are the twilight poster ( :D ) and the door under the stairs and Nate's entire room is so great!!!

    See you in a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete