Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seis de Mayo?

I had planned to make a yummy mexican dinner last night to celebrate Cinco de Mayo...but it just didn't happen. So I decided to have our little fiesta tonight, on the 6th of May. I made green chili enchiladas:



I had to change up the recipe. My original calls for monterrey jack and velveeta cheeses. Well, my dear husband Jeremy is quite the cheese freak...he'll only eat mozzarella and mild cheddar. I never knew anyone who wouldn't eat velveeta. I mean, come on!! So I substituted them both for cheddar, just for him. Isn't that what marriage is all about?

Jeremy reminded me of the first time I fixed these enchiladas (the original recipe). It was soon after we were married and I thought I could trick him. So I buried all the cheese packages in the trash, hid the recipe card and LIED to him. He knew though and was not pleased. So now I sacrifice my processed cheese spread, just so my hubby will eat with me!

1 comment: