Monday, September 7, 2009

happy belated-birthday, dad!

Dear Dad,

You deserve the happiest of birthdays!

I wish I could buy you the perfect present.
Like an all-expense paid golf vacation.

Or an exotic beach vacation.


Or a cool new phone.
But, alas, I am a teacher. And I married a teacher. And we have 4 kids.
So I guess you'll have to settle for a plate of homemade cookies.
And a blog post dedicated to you.


And maybe I'll surprise you with a little gift when we are able to celebrate your birthday properly.

I might even be able to arrange for you to have a caddy.
If you fund your own golf vacation.


I love you dad! Happy Birthday!!

Love, Marcie

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my dad's birthday is the 3rd, when was your dad's?

    Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your family with the loss of your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete