Saturday, September 5, 2009

good-bye sweet grandpa

Today I had the privilege to witness my grandpa's transition from life on earth to his eternal life in heaven. It was a beautiful and precious experience.
So very, very sorrowful for all the loved ones he left behind.
But beautiful to know that his body is fully healed. And he is now reunited with his parents and brothers and his first baby boy.

Over the past few days, as we sat by grandpa's side, we recalled many great stories about grandpa. It has been an emotionally draining week. But I wouldn't trade the opportunity to spend those last days together as a family.

I love you Grandpa. I will miss you deeply. Forever.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marcie, I am so, so sorry. Please know that I'll be thinking of and praying for you and your family in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie, sorry to hear about your grandpa. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete