Friday, March 19, 2010

spring break recap

It’s already over. Wow…that was fast!! Now it’s just a regular weekend before heading back to work.

We had a relatively quiet week. Nate only had one appointment this week…his annual EEG (more about this later). We slept in and stayed up late. But here’s a quick summary of what I actually did this week.

Movies

Jeremy and I saw Green Zone in the theater one night. Good movie. Matt Damon. Need I say more? It’s about the war in Iraq. Not a light-hearted movie. Very intense.

We also rented The Hurt Locker and Did You Hear About the Morgans? I really liked the first. The latter was very predictable and I could’ve found something else to do for that 2 hours.

Books

hunger catching-fire

Jeremy and I have been fighting over books this week. We both read The Hunger Games, simultaneously. I actually encouraged him to play more golf, just so I could read. We’re now reading Catching Fire, the second book in the trilogy. In case you’re wondering, Jeremy is currently reading, while I’m blogging. In a few minutes, I’ll have to find a distraction for him and swipe the book back!

We borrowed the books from our teenage neighbor boy, who happens to be in the target audience for the books. But I think they are becoming quite popular with moms (and dads?…hmmm).

Birthdays

I inched a little closer to 40 this week. And Scott hit the quarter century mark. So we spent two days during Spring Break celebrating birthdays and eating yummy dinners that my mom prepared. And as a bonus, for Scott’s birthday we watched some old home videos. Haven’t laughed that hard (at Jason) in a long time!!!!

Crafts

I worked on a couple of crafty projects this week. I’ll share more about these later. But I’m really getting anxious to do some sewing for the summer.

Zoo

Jeremy and I took Bri and Delaney to the zoo on the only nice day of the week. We were there with every other person in the Wichita area. Pictures to come.


Cleaning and Organizing

Nope. Didn’t do any of that!!!

So now that Spring Break is over, I’m ready for some actual spring!! But no…the weatherman says we’re supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow! Come on, Mother Nature! Take a hint from my blog header!!

And since a couple of you have asked, I did take the picture of the robin’s next last year. It was at my parents’ house. The perfect picture of spring!

1 comment:

  1. I could not put those books DOWN! Those are my favorite kinds of books - the ones that you just can't put down. They were incredible stories, and I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete