Sunday, March 28, 2010

simple sewing

I enjoy sewing and wish I had more time to do it. Mostly I enjoy doing “crafty” sewing projects versus pre-purchased patterns. Things like curtains, chair covers, Halloween costumes, etc.

During spring break, I took advantage of some of my free time and did a couple of VERY SIMPLE projects.

The twins across the street share a birthday with me and I wanted to do something fun and different for them this year. I decided to make them each a monogram shirt. Then I thought they turned out so cute that I made one for Delaney too.

IMG_3863 IMG_3864 IMG_3867

All I did was cut out a letter template from paper. I used fuseable interfacing (the iron-on kind) and attached it to the back of the fabric (to give it a little more structure).

Then I pinned my “pattern” to the fabric and cut it out. Pinned it to the shirt and stitched around the shirt with white thread. Sew easy!!

IMG_3852

I have a couple more sewing projects in mind. IF I get around to them, I’ll share!

No comments:

Post a Comment