Monday, March 29, 2010

oh so easy enchiladas

The last thing I want to do when I get home from work is spend all evening in the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to cook. But I do have a life beyond the school and the kitchen!

One of our new dinner favorites is a recipe for chicken enchiladas. Have I mentioned how picky Jeremy is? About his obsession with cheese and sour cream and cream cheese? Obsession, as in he won’t eat them.

And about every chicken enchilada recipe out there calls for sour cream or cream cheese or both. So I came up with my own recipe. Problem solved!

I start out with cooked chicken. I use my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, just because it cooks in 15 minutes! Before I had this miracle cooking apparatus, I used my crock-pot or cut up my chicken and sautéed it in a skillet. Do whatever is easiest for you!

IMG_4009

I sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with chipotle seasoning (mine also came from Pampered Chef…I’m not a spokeswoman or consultant…I promise!)

IMG_4010

While the chicken is cooking, I sauté diced onion and diced green chilies in butter.

IMG_4008

After the chicken is fully cooked, I use my Pampered Chef Salad Choppers but you can also shred your chicken with two forks.

IMG_4011

IMG_4016

Spoon chicken, chili and onion mixture and shredded cheese (mild cheddar on Jeremy’s; colby-jack on mine) onto flour tortillas.

IMG_4017

Roll up and place in greased baking dish. Top with green enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese.

IMG_4020

Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. Voila…Dinner is served!

IMG_4021

2 comments: