Thursday, August 13, 2009

this and that

I survived the first day of a new school year. I can already tell that it will be a year of challenges. But I know it will also be a year of many rewards!
I always forget how much I stand during the first week of school.
My legs ache. My back aches. Thank goodness I wore my comfy (and very cute) shoes!

**********
Is it weird that Delaney has just now decided (at 16 months old) to suck her thumb? I mean, I begged that child. Pleaded with her every night to take a pacifier or suck her fingers or thumb.
But no.
She was never one for self-comforting. Why should she? She had a mommy around.
So now that I've started weaning her (she only nurses about 5 minutes right before bed), she's decided that her thumb's not so bad afterall.
I guess as long as she's happy, I'm happy.
For now, anyway.
**********
I knew once I went back to work I'd struggle with keeping up in bloggerland. Especially with reading all my favorite blogs. Hopefully when things settle down a bit, I can do a little reading here and there.
Until then, be patient with me.
I'll give some comment love when I can!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are off to a good school year. The summer just came to an end too quickly this year for us..even though it really was 3 months long...crazy.

    Hope that your feet and back feel better! and that you have a great year. Jiff was so excited yesterday and I think he really had a great day. He is struggling a little with being able to hear both teachers at the same time, but he said that he would get used to it...I hope so!

    You shouldn't apologize for being too busy! It is the time of year...everyone is in the same busy boat.

    XXX and great job on your water!

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great first day! I really admire teachers, being with kids all day and still able to be a loving and dedicated mom at home! You shouldn't feel bad about being to busy, I haven't posted on my blog since June! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel pressure to comment. Just knowing you read is nice. Just know that I check in on you every day too! xoxo Ann

    ReplyDelete