Monday, July 30, 2012

mini makeover

I’ve been slowly transforming Delaney’s room from a nursery to a big girl room. I didn’t want to do anything drastic or spend a ton of money, so it has taken the better part of the summer.

Here’s an idea of what it looked like before:

th_nursery002 th_nursery003 th_nursery004

These pictures were from waaay before, but the only thing that had changed was the bed. And the roommate.

I had the two curtain panels on the left from my classroom at our old building. Of course I couldn’t find one more, so I found something similar.

IMG_2289

For the bed, I bought a white dust ruffle, new hot pink sheets, a white quilted pillow sham and the owl pillow. We already had the comforter and the kitty. :)

This was the dresser I bought at a second hand store. It was a steal at $25!!!

IMAG0870

I painted it white to match the rest of the furniture and it added 3 drawers for miscellaneous storage.

IMG_2295

This was the toolbox that I bought at the antique store.

IMAG0871

Delaney helped me paint it and now it stores some of her favorite bedtime stories.

IMG_2290 IMG_2291

I made the bunting using an awesome die cut that I borrowed from a friend. Cutting those triangle by hand would have been tedious.

IMG_2292

The bow board is just a fabric covered canvas with ribbon. Now it's so easy to find hair accessories!

IMG_2293  

These say “love, smile and hug”. I cut out 6 inch circles from scrapbook paper and glued two circles together. Then I used a die cut to punch out the letters. I punched a tiny hole at the top and bottom and connected them with fishing line. I also made some for my classroom that say “dream, imagine and believe”. This was an idea from Pinterest.

IMG_2294 

Delaney is very proud of her new room and how clean it is. We’ll see how long that lasts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment