Thursday, July 26, 2012

yummy breakfast treat!

I’ve been seeing this recipe on pinterest for donuts made out of biscuits. But my mom has been making these for as long as I can remember. So as far as I’m concerned, she’s the original maker of “biscuit donuts”. Mmmmmm

IMAG0925 

Start with a can of cheap biscuits. I use the cap from a 2 liter bottle of pop (soda, if you aren’t from Kansas!) to make the donut hole. Fry them in melted shortening until they are browned. Drain on a paper towel.

IMAG0927 

Delaney is on a cinnamon and sugar kick lately, so I let her mix up some cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and coat a few donuts. I prefer powdered sugar on mine!

IMAG0928

Yes, she’s smelling it. She smells all her food before she eats it! She gets all her weird quirks from her daddy!

IMAG0929

These aren’t the prettiest things, but they sure are yummy! Next week I’m jumping back on the weight-loss wagon, so I’m enjoying all my high calorie, high fat foods this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment