Saturday, August 4, 2012

the top 5 reasons why I would go to the Y Waterpark on a Saturday afternoon

5. To soak up the sun. To be perfectly honest, a suntan improves the look of my flab.

4. To check out the ink. Folks, there are some pretty interesting tats out there in the world.

3. To watch Delaney interact with other kids and try new things. She’s getting braver and even stands under the giant bucket when it dumps!!

2. To cool off. Really, what else is there to do when it’s 100+ degrees?

And the number 1 reason…

IMAG0948

It wears out the kid!!!

The bonus reason…I saw a blogger celebrity’s family. I’ve been reading Meg’s blog for several years, so I feel like I know her family like they were close friends. And I saw her husband and daughters at the Y. So me being the dork I am, I walked up to him and asked if he was Meg Duerksen’s husband and he replied yes. So then I told him I’m one of her many blog followers. He said something like, “Oh, yeah?” And then he headed off to get as far away from the crazy stalker as he possibly could. Oh well. I still left the Y feeling like I’d met Channing Tatum. Well, not quite, but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment