Friday, January 1, 2010

a few resolutions

It's that time again. Time for resolutions. Time to improve ourselves in some way.

As I enter 2010, I decide to focus on three things: Mind, body and soul.

Mind: I want to read more. Wait, let me clarify. I want to read more for pleasure. Sure I currently read plenty of professional articles and books. I surf websites. But I don't read a whole lot for pleasure anymore. Well, I go in spells. I'll read several books at the beginning of the summer. Then I get sidetracked with tv shows and the computer. And life. But I want to make reading a priority. Possibly even start a book club with co-workers or something. Who knows.

Body: I do NOT want to diet in 2010. I HATE dieting. I want to eat what I want to eat. I don't want to feel guilty about having another cookie. Or eating a piece of pizza. Or french fries. I don't want to worry about the numbers on the scales.

But I do worry about the fat ripples in my thighs. And the muffin top that hangs over my jeans. So I've decided that I do want to exercise more. Which should be easy, because as of lately, I don't exercise AT ALL. So to exercise more, simply means, exercise some.
In the summer this is easy. I walk for about 45 minutes a day. But in the colder months, I have to get more creative. I have to do workout videos.
GAG!!
Which means I have to sweat.
DOUBLE GAG!!
I'll figure something out though. Maybe I'll even crack open the Wii Fit Plus that Santa left for us.

Soul: In 2010, I want to grow spiritually. I hope to cultivate my relationship with God. Instead of waiting until it's convenient to study my bible or pray, I want to value my relationship with Him. Not just make it a priority. Because as someone recently put it, our priorities change. But if you value something, you make sure and put it first.

And not only do I want to improve my relationship with God, I want to improve my relationship with my family members. Don't get me wrong. We get along great. Most of the time. But I want to spend more time with each of my kids (and my hubby) individually. To let them see and know that I value them as a person.
We may have to get out our calendars and make dates.
And I can already see some eye-rolling going on.
But someday, maybe my kids will appreciate this. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy 2010!!

1 comment:

  1. Marcie - I love everyone of your resolutions and have very much the same ones, especially the "no-dieting" and just getting my butt off the couch and exercising! Good luck and may 2010 be a year of good health and good times.

    ReplyDelete