Sunday, July 25, 2010

peanut butter

Now we all know how great it is with chocolate. And it makes for an easy sandwich. It’s not too bad with celery. And my mom makes some rockin’ peanut butter cookies! But it’s not just good to eat…

It actually does take gum out of hair!

I’m raising my third girl. And girly number three is really breaking me in! I had to call poison control for the first time last summer when Delaney ate sunscreen. So I shouldn’t have been terribly surprised when I woke Delaney up this morning to find gum on her pillowcase and, of course, matted in her hair. Not what I wanted to deal with before church this morning!

I’d always heard that peanut butter will remove gum, but up until now, it was no more than an old wives’ tale for me. But by golly, it actually worked! And quite well I might add. She sat very nicely on the kitchen counter while I smeared peanut butter in her hair and combed the strands to remove them from the sticky gum.

I am so hoping that this is our last encounter with gum removal. And just maybe a two year old really isn’t old enough to chew gum.

1 comment:

  1. I just posted about this on my blog too. Sissy got gum in her hair the other day and peanut butter was all I could think of. It did the trick too!! Yeah for no cutting!