Thursday, July 22, 2010

a little walk down memory lane

Facebook has been more than just a time sucker for me. I’ve actually been able to reconnect with a few friends who I haven’t seen in years. Most recently, my childhood neighbor tracked me down and we’ve had a chance to catch up.

Heather was my first “real” neighborhood friend. We moved into the house on Peterson Street when I was just 4 years old and she was 6. And we were friends almost immediately.

peterson house

We would have sleepovers. And go to each other’s birthday parties.

002

003

004

Heather is the cute blond in the blue shirt with pig tails. This was my 6th or 7th birthday. A party at McDonald’s!!

005

Another birthday.

001

And sometimes we just hung out at home.

Probably my favorite memory with Heather was sitting on the window seat in my parents’ bedroom and talking to her through the open windows while she was in her bedroom. We would sit and talk after dark. Since we had to go in when the street lights came on, it was our way to continue our time together.

007

This is the window where I would sit. The one with the lamp.

Then Heather moved away to Colorado (and later on to California). And I moved to another town. And eventually we lost touch. But thanks to Facebook, we found each other again.

See, I knew I wasn’t just wasting all my time on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment