Saturday, November 26, 2011

another black friday casualty

My very first experience with Black Friday was when I was 9 years old. My dad took me out at the crack of dawn in the hopes of finding a Cabbage Patch Kid. At the time, I didn’t realize the sacrifice he was making. But now that I have kids, I do.

That particular shopping experience landed me in the emergency room with a bleeding head wound. You can read more about it here. So you can understand why I have a slight aversion to Black Friday.

My hubby, on the other hand, just can’t resist scouring the sale ads. Especially on Thanksgiving. I think he might look forward to the ads more than the mashed potatoes. And that’s really saying something (if you know Jeremy). This year he limited his shopping to our local Wal-Mart. He made a list of things going on sale at 10:00 and things going on sale at midnight. He took Bri for reinforcement and headed out as I headed to bed.

He managed to get everything on his list and returned home around 12:30. He decided he needed to wind down a bit after all that shopping, so he started assembling the office chair he purchased. I was oblivious to what was going on, until I heard him call me out to the kitchen. That’s where I found him hobbling around, bleeding all over the floor. He had dropped a metal cylindrical piece of the chair right onto his big toe. Ouch!!! I wonder if his injury will deter future Black Friday excursions. It’s doubtful.

**************************************

Dexter Day 3:

elf3

No comments:

Post a Comment