Friday, April 29, 2011

trying new things

I’m really weird about trying new things by myself. I prefer to have the comfort of a friend to rely on in these new situations. Like last summer, I wanted to try out some classes at the Y. Luckily, my friend Connie was willing to go with me.

Our first class was a spin class. I was thinking that riding a bike is fairly easy. And it sounded fun. But oh my goodness, I’m glad I wasn’t in that one alone! I thought I would DIE! That was like no bike ride I’d ever taken. No more spin class for me.

I’m currently in a weight loss challenge with some major bucks for the grand prize. So I decided it was time to get back to the Y. I’ve been wanting to try zumba for awhile, and thought this was a perfect opportunity. Now if only I could find a friend to join me.

No one could make it. I couldn’t even talk Allison (the dancer) into going with me. So I decided to bite the bullet and just go by myself. I went early so I could make sure and get a spot in the back row. And as it turned out, I wasn’t terrible. I wasn’t very good either. But I had a blast. And burned over 400 calories.

And I think the next time I go, I may even move up to the middle row!

P.S. The passport arrived!! Third time was a charm!

1 comment:

  1. I do Zumba at home but am afraid to try in public. Good for you! And it is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete