Saturday, April 23, 2011

egg hunting

Today I took Delaney to our community Easter egg hunt. In preparation for the big event, I tried to tell her all about what we’d be doing. I told her she would find eggs and put them in her basket. Here’s how the conversation went:

me: When you open up the eggs, do you know what you’ll find inside?

Delaney: Birds?

I had to chuckle at that one. I’m sure she was relieved to find candy and gum and quarters!

IMG_7515

There were 14,000 eggs! This is just from the area marked off for 3-5 year olds. I’m glad they do that. Because I remember the only egg hunt I went to as a kid. And I think I managed to get 2 eggs because of all the greedy older kids. Not fond memories!

IMG_7518

It was cold. And cloudy. And there was a creepy Easter Bunny walking around. She wanted no part of the bunny. But that didn’t stop her from having a blast!

IMG_7520

IMG_7523

IMG_7530

IMG_7531

IMG_7533

Aunt Jessica was there, helping out with the event. Now she’s preparing for the Easter Bunny’s visit to our house tomorrow. I hope she doesn’t have nightmares thinking about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment