Sunday, May 1, 2011

easter memories

I know I’m a week behind, but better late than never, right?


I like to dye eggs for Easter because it’s a tradition that I grew up with. It would be so much easier for me to fill plastic eggs, but it just doesn’t feel like Easter without the smell of vinegar.


Delaney was excited for days about dying our eggs for Easter. I don’t think she really knew what it involved, but she knew it sounded like fun!


IMG_7541


I made her strip down. I didn’t want to take any chances on spills. In retrospect, I think she would’ve been fine. It was a no mess project, this time.


IMG_7542


We talked about the colors. She would tell me which color to put the egg in. And she’d help me lower it into the cup. Then she’d stir it around, checking the color.


IMG_7544


IMG_7548


We did the basic kit. Color tablets, vinegar and water. I wasn’t ready for the fancy kits just yet.


IMG_7555


On Easter morning, Nate was sick. He had a relapse of pneumonia and now it’s in both lungs. He’s able to be at home but on oxygen day and night and back on the antibiotic. I’m so sick of sickness!!! But back to Easter morning, Jeremy stayed home with Nate while I took Delaney to church. And the Easter Bunny came to our house while we were gone. That was so convenient, because we didn’t have to rush around finding eggs, eating candy and getting dressed before church.


IMG_7557


The Easter Bunny left very little candy, but she got a fun game. Trust me, she had her share of candy that day. Just not from the Easter Bunny.


IMG_7566


IMG_7569


IMG_7570


IMG_7571


Finding eggs was so much fun. Then she would hide them. And find them herself. Great entertainment!


IMG_7574


IMG_7575


Elefun turned out to be a fun game. The Elephant blows butterflies out of his trunk and you try to catch them with a net. It’s going to take a little practice, but she’ll get it.


IMG_7578


Something to really smile about…Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg. Mom’s favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment