Thursday, February 23, 2012

a couple of recipes worth mentioning

Last week Jeremy took his class on a field trip to the state capitol, Topeka. It was an all day and into the evening trip, so I took advantage of the fact that he wouldn’t be around for dinner and fixed something I knew he wouldn’t like.

Cashew Rice and Chicken Casserole

I started with a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli. I love those things. They cost less than a package of chicken breasts and it’s already cooked. It’s pretty much a no-brainer!!

IMG_1002

Combine chicken, long grain and wild rice, cashews, celery and fresh parsley.

IMG_1005

Add melted margarine, chicken broth, white wine, pimentos, sour cream (hence the reason I have to wait til hubby is away) basil, salt and chopped garlic.

Bake and enjoy!

IMG_1006

Here’s the entire recipe:

Cashew Rice and Chicken Casserole

2 1/2 c cubed cooked chicken
2 1/2 c cooked long grain and wild rice
1 c salted whole cashews
1 c (2 stalks) sliced 1 inch celery
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
3 T melted margarine
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 c white wine
2 (2 oz) jars pimento, drained and chopped
1 (8 oz) carton of sour cream
1 t basil
1/2 t salt
2 t chopped garlic

Heat oven to 350. In a 9 x 13 dish, stir all ingredients. Cover and bake, stirring occasionally for 50-60 minutes. Uncover; continue baking for 10-15 minutes or until rice has absorbed all liquid.

********************************************************************************

The other recipe is a side dish I found on pinterest. I thought it looked amazing. And then I saw it was from pioneer woman and I knew it would be amazing. And I was right! Here it is. You must try these. Soon!

Click on the picture to go to pioneer woman’s awesome blog and find out how to make these super easy, super yummy potatoes.

potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment