Tuesday, March 29, 2011

kitchen/dining room makeover

I’ve been slowly but surely getting the kitchen and dining room the way I want. I tried not to go out and buy a bunch of new stuff. I got a few things for my birthday and I found a few things hidden away in other rooms, but I finally feel like I’m getting somewhere with this.


IMG_7332


I made the chalkboard (with a little help from Jeremy). I bought the frame at Michael’s for 50% off plus I had a 25% coupon for any frame. So I got a $40 frame for $15. Then I had Jeremy cut a piece of plywood and I painted it with chalkboard paint. Then he figured out a way to secure the wood to the frame. What a great guy!!


IMG_7331


The bird plate and small bowl with birds were both birthday gifts. I drug the crock out from the bottom shelf of my cookbook shelf and the tall urn was in the living room with lighted branches from Christmas.


IMG_7333


I traded out my old heavy dark green canisters for these penny jars. Now I’ll always know if we are out of flour or sugar! The basket is one I had in my basement and after looking at a Pottery Barn catalog where I saw a similar one for sale, I brought mine out of hiding, added some moss and eggs, which I bought for half-price at the new JoAnn Fabric store (it’s a pretty awesome place!)


IMG_7336


I just happened to see these cute salt and pepper shakers when I was out looking for a wedding gift. I couldn’t resist.



IMG_7339


And you’ve seen this before. I changed a couple of things around since the first picture, adding a glass pitcher and tall pedestal plate.


IMG_7340


This was another birthday gift. My mom had a mini chocolate tart in it for my birthday treat. Yum!


So there you have it. Two rooms new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment