Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas parade

Nothing gets you in the Christmas spirit like a hometown Christmas parade. This was actually my first Christmas parade and it was a bit reminiscent of something out of A Christmas Story. Only on a much, much smaller scale. IMG_6829

We met up with the girls from our ‘hood to watch the floats and collect our candy.

IMG_6831

 IMG_6832

IMG_6834

IMG_6837

IMG_6839

IMG_6835

Imagine my surprise frustration anger when the band marched by and my daughter wasn’t in it. (There’s a reason I’ve never gone to the parade before but decided to this year. It’s because my kid was marching in it and I wanted to be a supportive parent). But she didn’t show up. She was at her dad’s house and said she thought it was optional. I was NOT a happy person!

All in all, it was a nice evening out with Delaney, my seasoned parade goer. Even if the girl we went to see was a no-show.

No comments:

Post a Comment