Tuesday, February 17, 2015

mini room makeover

Over Christmas break, we took a quick trip to Kansas City to check out IKEA, Trader Joe's and The American Girl Store (for Delaney to spend her Christmas money, of course). While we were at IKEA, we made a huge impulse buy. We bought a large dresser for Delaney's room. Once we got home and we put the dresser together (and when I say "we" I actually mean Jeremy), we realized how grimy the walls were beginning to look. And we realized how cluttered her room had become, especially with all the new Christmas gifts. One thing led to another and we spent our last weekend of Christmas vacation decluttering, painting, rearranging and cleaning Delaney's bedroom. I didn't take any before pictures, but here is the finished product:



I've actually had this table for many, many years. Delaney liked to sit at it and use it for a desk. I made chalk paint (I obviously haven't boycotted Pinterest altogether) and painted it. I also found a chair in the basement that the older girls had used for their vanity several years ago. I recovered the seat cushion and I still need to give it a coat of chalk paint to brighten it up. 

The last little touch was the mirror. We had gotten that from Jeremy's grandpa when he moved. I spray painted it to match the rest of the room. 


It's a good thing I took pictures the day we finished painting. Because, like most 6 year olds, Delaney is a bit of a hoarder and her room is quite messy again. At least we know the walls are clean and she has plenty of drawer space for her clothes (even though they still manage to end up all over the floor)!

No comments:

Post a Comment