Thursday, August 8, 2013

girls’ day out

I spent the past week gathering and tagging the kids’ old clothes in preparation for a consignment sale. The beauty of these sales is that I can make what I would normally make at a garage sale and I don’t have to sweat in my garage all weekend! And I can buy name-brand clothes and toys for a fraction of their retail cost.

I have purchased pretty much all of Delaney’s clothes second hand at consignment sales or garage sales. I also graciously accept hand-me-downs. Shopping isn’t something Delaney has experienced a whole lot of. Well one rainy day a week or so ago, I decided to take Delaney to the mall to spend her Build-A-Bear gift card that she had gotten for her birthday. Then we had a pretzel (can’t go to the mall without having a pretzel from Auntie Anne’s). And then at the last minute I decided to splurge on a brand new outfit for her for her first day of school. Von Maur always has awesome sales and I only shop those racks. Delaney was so sweet. When we had found several possibilities, she asked, “Can I go to the dressing room and try them on like you did for Bri’s graduation party?” Of course I let her and she loved trying on each outfit and checking it out in the mirror.

Photo 36 

Photo 38

Here’s the new outfit for her bear. Complete with high heel shoes and a sparkly purse. Life doesn’t get much better than this when you’re 5 years old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment