Sunday, August 11, 2013

another summer under my belt

Another summer has come to a screeching halt. It was a good one. We had a great family vacation. And a weekend get-away. Plenty of rain. Several days at the pool. No complaints from me.

Now it’s time to start another school year. One filled with milestones for my girls! Bri will start college a week from tomorrow. She’s living at home and going to Butler Community College, following in her mama’s footsteps. Allison starts her senior year on Friday. And anyone who's talked to Delaney today knows she starts kindergarten in FIVE DAYS! Tomorrow she’ll tell everyone she knows that she starts kindergarten in FOUR DAYS! I’ve never seen a kid so excited for school to start. She has picked out her outfit for the first day. She has put in her request for her cold lunch on the first day. She’s circled the menu items on the hot lunch that she wants to eat. I just hope this love of school and learning continues for her.

Jeremy starts teaching on Wednesday. Nate starts 4th grade on Thursday. And I start my 16th year of teaching on Thursday. It will be a busy week. And if this year is anything like last year, it will be over in a blink of an eye.

Happy New School Year to my teacher friends. Hope it’s a great one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment