Saturday, September 15, 2012

apples

I love cooking (could be part of the issue with my recent weight gain!!) And two of my best friends when it comes to cooking are my crock-pot and Pinterest. I’ve been seeing lots of yummy fall recipe pins on Pinterest and I decided I really needed to try one of the crock-pot applesauce recipes.

Today was the perfect day. Chilly temps. Overcast sky.

And while we were at it, we had some fun with the apples.

 IMG_2483

Yes, I’m ready for fall. Not quite ready for Christmas, although it appears that somebody is!

IMG_2492

She built towers with the apples.

IMG_2495

Sorted them.

IMG_2493

Put them in pairs.

IMG_2497

And made patterns.

IMG_2487

And then she helped chop up the apples.

Here’s what you need if you want to try some crock-pot applesauce:

IMG_2480

I combined a couple of different recipes.

8-10 apples
2 T Brown Sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 t. lemon juice
1 cinnamon stick
1 strip of lemon peel (I used a vegetable peeler)

IMG_2499

Cook on low for 6 hours. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment