Friday, September 14, 2012

absent

Maybe you’ve noticed that I haven’t posted for awhile. Maybe you haven’t. Maybe you don’t care. No matter which “maybe” you fall under, I’m going to fill you in.

I’ve been exercising. Yes…as lame as that sounds…exercise and working out has taken over my life. Sounds crazy, right? Well let me back up a little and fill you in with the rest of the story.

Last year I was in a competition to lose weight. We were awarded points for pounds lost and minutes of exercise. I came in second place, but I lost over 20 pounds. Then gradually, I exercised less and I ate more. And then I ate more. And guess what…the weight all came back! I was so disappointed in myself.

Then a friend approached me about doing a weight loss challenge again (same kind of rules) only this time we would have a partner to combine points with. (I think I’m seeing a pattern in my friends and me…classic yo-yo dieters!!!) I found myself a competitive partner. We teach together and I’m pretty sure some day you’ll see us on The Amazing Race. That’s our dream, anyway.

Well, these are some pretty tough competitors I’m dealing with. They are exercising about 2 1/2 – 3 hours a day. There’s no way I can keep up with that, but I’m trying to do as much as I can. The pounds are shedding and I’ve dropped a size in my pants (woot woot!) But my house is a wreck. I’m exercising late at night after Delaney goes to bed so I can try to spend a little time with my family. And I’m exhausted! So as you can see, there’s really no time for blogging.

On a funnier note, I’ve taken some interesting classes at the Y recently. Last Sunday I took a new class called “Fierce” and wowzers…it was killer!! Seriously, I could barely walk for the next 2 days. And forget about trying to sit down. I went with a couple of friends and one of them was trying to step out of the tub after showering the next morning. She was struggling to lift her leg over the edge of the tub and slipped. She grabbed her faucet to catch herself and broke it off! No joke! Then on Wednesday, when I could finally move again, I took a class that focused on abs. Toward the end, the instructor had us get on a pilates ball on our sides with our feet planted against the base of the wall. Well, my friend and I didn’t have enough balance to do this, so we were rolling all over on that stupid ball…on our backs and our stomachs, but never in the correct position, and could not stop laughing. We were quite a site, I’m sure!

So there you have it. My big excuse! I’ll let you know the final verdict at the end of October. I’m hoping for a win…but I’m not counting on it. However, if the weight continues to drop, that will definitely be a win!

1 comment:

  1. Finding time to exercise is definitely a challenge when you work full time. Good luck with your exercise/weight loss challenge. It just stinks that the minute we stop exercising the weight comes back on. No fair!

    ReplyDelete