Wednesday, May 9, 2012

yummy no-bake treats

I tried out a new recipe this week and it was a hit with the family. It was a recipe I found on pinterest, but then I made several changes, so I suppose I can call it my own.

I started out by making my mom’s delicious “Devil’s Treats”. That’s her recipe for Rice Krispy Treats. 6 Tablespoons of butter, 6 cups mini marshmallows and 6 cups of Rice Krispies. You know, 666. Get it? The perfect proportions for the most amazing Rice Krispy Treats. EVER.

Here’s what you’ll need for my Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats:

6 T butter or margarine
6 cups marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 package of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, diced
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Melt your butter or margarine over medium heat on the stove and then add the marshmallows.

IMG_2044

Pour that over the Rice Krispies and diced Peanut Butter Cups.

IMG_2045

If you’re wondering how many P.B. Cups to use…I used one regular package of the Fun Size minus the 3 I took out to eat (and share).

Mix well and spread in a greased 9 x 13 pan.

IMG_2046

Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Then drizzle over the top. You could get all fancy and pipe it in a bag. Or you can just drizzle with your spoon and save some time. We’re not terribly fancy around here. Especially on a work night!

Melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring. Drizzle the melted chocolate.

IMG_2048

Put in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set the chocolate and peanut butter.

IMG_2049

Enjoy!

IMG_2050

Yum!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment