Wednesday, March 7, 2012

more celebrations

We celebrated another milestone in our family over the weekend. My grandma had a very special birthday!

IMG_1062

IMG_1069

Saturday was her birthday and it was our anniversary. We didn’t mind spending our special day with Grandma. After all, 11 years ago, she spent her special day celebrating with us at our wedding!

IMG_1076

IMG_1077

All of the family that lives in the area came to celebrate her day.

IMG_1094

Even the newest member of our family was there to celebrate. 4 generations of McCoskeys!

IMG_1104

IMG_1106

IMG_1112

IMG_1124 

We had a great time getting together with family. She brought several pictures from her younger years. These were my favorites!

Her school picture…this was the whole school! The teacher is in the back on the right. My grandma is standing next to her. Oh, to be a teacher at a country school house:

IMAG0672 

I just love this picture! I think she was 15. It was about the time she met my grandpa:

IMAG0668

And this is one of my all-time favorites:

IMAG0670

If I age as beautifully as the other women in my family, I don’t think I’ll mind getting older!

No comments:

Post a Comment