Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 new recipes

On my summer list I said I wanted to try a new recipe every week. Here are 2 of the recipes I’ve made so far.

Watermelon popsicles

IMG_7835

Put 1/2 cup watermelon, 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/2 cup water in a blender.

IMG_7836

IMG_7839

Blend until smooth.

IMG_7841

Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze.

IMG_7845

IMG_7849

Enjoy!

I liked this recipe because it’s healthy and easy. Our biggest problem is getting the pops out of the molds with the handles intact. Any tips?

Recipe #2: Pizza Stromboli

IMG_7859

Start with a loaf of frozen bread (Rhode’s or generic). Thaw in the fridge for several hours. I sprayed my pan and sprayed some plastic wrap to put over the loaf and set it out at room temperature for about an hour (you don’t want it to set out at room temp for too long, or it will begin to rise), then in the fridge for about 4-5 hours.

Roll out the thawed dough, stretching it as big as it will go. Please ignore the hole in my dough.

IMG_7860

Top with filling of your choice. I did turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, fresh basil (from our garden) and mozzarella cheese.

IMG_7861

Roll one side over and tuck under to close the seams. I brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with parm cheese and garlic powder.

IMG_7862

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

IMG_7863

IMG_7864

Serve with marinara. Yum!!

I got this recipe from my friend Melissa. It’s a definite keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment