Thursday, January 20, 2011

state dance

Allison’s dance team traveled to Olathe for a state dance competition. The team went up early Friday but they didn’t dance as a team until Saturday. My mom and I headed up Saturday morning, thinking we had more than enough time to make it for their 3 performances. However, unbeknownst to me, there was a schedule change. Which wasn’t communicated with me. So I get a phone call from Allison when we are about an hour away. She was in a panic because they had already performed twice!

We made it for the final performance. I was so disappointed to have missed the other two. Hopefully this was a lesson on communication for several people!! :)

IMG_7125

IMG_7133

IMG_7145

IMG_7149

The girls earned 4 trophies. They looked great and I was glad to have made it up to see at least one of their dances!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that you missed the first two performances! I love watching dance competitions. My son is a percussion performance major in college. When I go to his sporting events I only watch the band and the dance team. I read the rest of the time.

    Congrats to Allison and her team!

    ReplyDelete