Monday, November 8, 2010

tablescapes

On Saturday, the Women’s Ministry at our church hosted a Tablescapes Luncheon. Each table was decorated by a different hostess. Check out the gorgeous tables!

IMG_6633

IMG_6629

IMG_6634

IMG_6635

IMG_6636

IMG_6638

IMG_6637

IMG_6626

I was the hostess for this table. And when I say “I”, I really mean my mom helped me out tremendously, but I got all the credit!

IMG_6627

We had so much fun planning the decorations for the table. I wanted to do a fall theme, but with white dishes, I wasn’t sure how it would work out. But the white pumpkins and spider mum, brought a bit of fall to the black and white and green. I borrowed my grandma’s silver, which was actually her mother’s. So cool! And the green vase is my mom’s, but used to belong to my grandma. See? We like to share!!

IMG_6628

A little chocolate truffle was the favor at each place. Who doesn’t like a little chocolate?

IMG_6639

And this was my serving table. The two-tiered stand was for my desserts. And do I have a good story about getting that stand!

A couple of weeks ago, my mom called me at the last minute and asked if I wanted to go along with her and my grandma to a shop in Wichita. I said ok, but had limited time because I needed to get Allison to the church for a youth activity. So we get about halfway to Wichita and realize, my mom’s tire is flat. (Remember, this is the second flat tire I’ve been involved with in the past few months!) She pulled into a gas station and called AAA. The operator told her it could be up to an hour wait. In the meantime, she called her brother, who is constantly rescuing damsels in distress. He happened to be nearby, so he headed over to see what he could do for these three damsels. He got to work right away, but ran into a problem. One of the lug nuts was stripped, so he couldn’t get the tire off. The AAA guy showed up and couldn’t do anything either. But not to worry, because Uncle Craig always has a Plan B. He plugged the hold with a screw (who even knew you could do that?) and we headed off to shop. Craig got some tire repair stuff…very technical, I know…and met us at the store where we were. He repaired the tire, filled it with air and we were good to go and even made it back in time to get Allison where she needed to go. And while we were shopping at that little store, I found this dessert stand. So that’s my story.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of our Tablescapes (and the dessert stand story). Maybe next year you’ll even want to join us! For the women’s luncheon, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment