Sunday, November 28, 2010

did you eat plenty of turkey?

We had a great Thanksgiving! We started out at Jeremy’s parents’ for our first dinner. We had smoked turkey and fried turkey…both were EXCELLENT!

IMG_6702

This apple pie was my contribution. I’m pretty sure I’ve [attempted] to make an apple pie before. But it’s been a looooong time. Probably pre-Nate. And it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

Then we headed to my parents’ for our second dinner of the day. There we had turkey and yummy ham. My Uncle Craig had won a pig at some raffle awhile back. A whole pig. It was a prize winner. And we enjoyed him (or her?) thoroughly!

IMG_6704

IMG_6707

IMG_6718

IMG_6721

Oh, and we had LOTS of pie! Craig is the pie man. He brought the lattice top cherry, chocolate cream and dutch apple pies. I ate pretty much all of the cherry pie.

IMG_6717

IMG_6711

IMG_6726

Hope you had a lovely holiday and ate all the pie (and turkey) your heart desired!

**To clarify, we didn’t eat the whole pig. I’m sure you’re envisioning a hog roasting over a spit in my parents’ backyard. What a sight! He had it butchered and just brought a spiral cut ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment