Tuesday, July 30, 2013

penne a la jerbear

I’ve been in a bit of a cooking rut lately. Just ask my family. So the other day when my mom mentioned a new recipe she tried and liked, I decided it might be just what I needed to pull myself out of that cooking rut.

The recipe was from The Pioneer Woman’s blog, which I LOVE. And I figured you really can’t go too wrong with any of her yummy recipes. Except for the fact that she calls for shrimp. And my sweet hubby (who grew up living near the ocean) doesn’t like shrimp, or any seafood for that matter. What?!

Her recipe is Penne a la Betsy. I substituted chicken for the shrimp and renamed it Penne a la Jerbear (the loving nickname bestowed upon Jeremy by my family).

You can find the original recipe here.

I also used dried parsley and basil instead of fresh and substituted half and half for heavy cream. I’ve heard if you change 3 things in a recipe, you can call it your own. So I now present Penne a la Jerbear:

Photo 1

Yum!! It was so good it even made it to a Facebook post by Bri. Now that’s sayin’ something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment